Hot mushroom and bacon dip
Make this dish up to 2 days before required, and store covered in refrigerator to bring out best flavours.
- 4 bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 15g butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 250g packet cream cheese, chopped
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Place bacon in shallow dish, cover with absorbent paper, cook in microwave on HIGH 3 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from dish, add butter, onion and garlic to dish, cook in microwave on HIGH 2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, cook in microwave on HIGH 2 minutes, sprinkle with flour, top with cheese, sauces and sherry, cook in microwave on HIGH 5 minutes, stir halfway through cooking time. Stir in sour cream and bacon, spoon into four individual dishes or one larger dish, reheat in microwave on HIGH 3 minutes.
- Serves 4 as an entree, or 8 as a dip.