Cauliflower fried rice
Cauliflower fried rice, cauliflower recipe
- 1 1/2 cauliflower heads (about 1kg), separated into florets
- 4 slices bacon or ham, diced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 200 g small raw prawns, shelled and deveined
- 100 g shiitake or oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 2.5 cm piece of ginger, finely grated
- 100 g okra, sliced
- 100 g brussels sprouts
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 handful of bean sprouts
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles rice.
- In a large frying pan or wok, fry the bacon over high heat until crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in the pan over high heat, add the onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes, or until softened. Stir in the prawns, mushrooms and ginger and cook for another few minutes.
- Add the okra and brussels sprouts and cook for 1 minute. Add the cauliflower and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until tender. Add bacon, egg, tamari, sprouts, spring onion, herbs and some salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes, or until everything is heated through and well combined.
- Serve with a splash of fish sauce and kimchi (Korean fermented cabbage), if desired.